Side Sewer Permit
Applications submitted online will automatically be sent to Valley View.
Applications completed at home may be sent to our office or placed in our drop box in the parking lot.
Before demolishing an existing structure which is connected to public sewers you must obtain a Side Sewer Capping Permit, which is the same application.
A licensed contractor is required for any work that will be done in the public right of way, homeowners may elect to do their own work when the right of way is not affected.
Side Sewer Construction Specifications
- Side Sewer Permit is required prior to start of work.
- Legal description of lot and plot plan with dimensions must be provided.
- All work done in the public right of way must be done by a licensed contractor
- Bedding of pipe must be done by hand. No backfilling will be done until inspection is completed and approved.
- Bedding and initial backfill material must be free from large rocks.
Side Sewer Requirements
- 4-inch (minimum size) sewer pipe required on property, 2% minimum grade ( 1/4″ fall per foot).
- Joint side sewers require 6 inch pipe for common use and require an easement agreement. No more than 4 single family residences are allowed to connect into one 6 inch sewer stub.
- Listing of approved pipe:
- PVC = Type SDR-35 ASTM-3034 (with standard gasket joints)
- ABS = Type DWV Schedule 40 ASTM D 2661 (with solvent weld or glue joints)