Side Sewer Construction Specs
Before connecting to sewers you must obtain a Side Sewer Permit from the District.
Before demolishing an existing structure which is connected to public sewers you must obtain a .
Side Sewer Construction Specifications
- Side Sewer Permit is required prior to work being started.
- Legal description of lot and plot plan with dimensions must be provided.
- All work done in the public right of way must be done by a licensed contractor
- Bedding of pipe must be done by hand. No back filling will be done until inspection is completed and approved.
- Bedding and initial backfill material must be free from large rocks.
Side Sewer Requirements
- 4-inch (minimum size) sewer pipe required on property, 2% minimum grade ( 1/4″ fall per foot).
- Joint side sewers require 6 inch pipe for common use and require an easement agreement. No more than 4 single family residences are allowed to connect into one 6 inch sewer stub.
- Listing of approved pipe:
- PVC = Type SDR-35 ASTM-3034 (with standard gasket joints)
- ABS = Type DWV Schedule 40 ASTM D 2661 (with solvent weld or glue joints)
NOTE: Solvent weld joints are only permitted in conjunction with ABS type pipe not PVC.
Find a Licensed Contractor